• View/Download Documents
• Audio and Video Courses
• Multi-Lingual Feature
• How do I get my tests graded? How do I get certificates of completion?
• What do the filenames mean?
• My computer can't display __?__ language. Or...my computer only displays random characters for certain languages. How do I fix this?
How to View/Download Documents (if available)The document-based courses and lessons on globalreach.org are presented in PDF format, making it easy for you to view, download, and print these documents. In order to view, download, and print these files, you will need to have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader® 6.0 or higher on your computer. You may download the Adobe Acrobat® Software here and install this software from the Adobe.com website.
Back to top
How to Listen to Audio or Watch Videos (if available)You can listen to the course audio lessons by clicking on the links titled, "MP3 (56K)” or “MP3(100K)”. There are a variety of players available on the Internet that will play these back on your computer. If you wish to listen to these lessons away from a computer, they will also play back on an MP3 player which can be purchased at a store or on the internet.
You can also watch the video lessons by clicking on the lesson in the player or the triangle Play Button (►) or the links titled, "Watch Video." We have included icons from AddThis.com to assist with downloading or sharing with others these lessons with others.
You might need to have the Adobe Flash Player installed to play back some video content. You can download this player at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Back to top
How to Use GlobalReach.org’s Multi-Lingual FeatureGlobalreach.org will allow you to browse in one language and download documents in another language.
Select Language Menus appear when the course and lesson you have selected is available in another language.
- Once you have selected another language, links to the available documents (and media, if available) will appear.
- If more than one lesson is available, you will need to select the language for each lesson.
- These links will appear in the language you are downloading from, not the language you are browsing in. However, the filenames will appear in the Status bar (the bottom bar) of your browser, and that can help you locate the file that you want.
- Look at the file's extension (the last three letters of the filename). If it says "pdf" then it is a book. If it says "mp3" then it is a video or audio file.
- See "What do the filenames mean?" for further help.
Back to top
How do I get my tests graded? How do I get certificates of completion?The content on this website is offered to you free of charge for your personal enjoyment and growth in the Christian faith. The original courses contained tests over the entire course. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer grading of these exams free of charge. We also are not able to offer Certificates of Completion free of charge. We can offer these services for a fee. Please see the Contact Us page to ask us for more details.
Back to top
What do the filenames mean?The filenames help us to keep track of the many different files in the different languages offered on GlobalReach. But they can also help you when you are downloading files in another language.
To help you understand, we will give an example. The Great Questions of Life , Lesson 1 Acrobat file in Russian is E0100ruL01.pdf
- E0100 is the course number, which will always be the same no matter what language it is found in.
- The next 1 or 2 letters designate the language, usually the International Linguistic Code for that language. However, we usually substitute E for English, S for Spanish and F for French. In this case the “ru” stands for Russian and is given in lower case to help distinguish those letters from the others.
- The “L” and the two numbers following are lesson numbers. 00 is the introduction, if available. This may also be substituted by SR for Student Reports and AS for Answer Sheets, if available. If the entire course is in one file then “Entire” will be in place of the “L” number.
- The file's extension (the last three letters of the filename) indicates the type of file that it is. If it says "pdf" then it is a book. If it says "ram" or "mp3" then it is a video or audio file.
My computer can't display __?__ language. Or...my computer only displays random characters for certain languages. How do I fix this?
- Navigate to the language that you are having a problem with. If there is a known fix for that language, we have a "Font Help" link. That link will contain specific instructions for displaying that language.
- Make sure you have activated "Complex Scripts" on Windows computers. This alone may solve your problem:
Installing Complex Scripts and East Asian Languages
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel
- Double-click Regional and Language Options
- Click on the Languages Tab
- If you desire to install Arabic, Armenian, Georgian, Hebrew, Thai, Vietnamese, or any of the Indic languages, check the “Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages” box.
- If you desire to install Chinese, Japanese or Korean language files, check the “Install files for East Asian languages” box.
- Click OK
- Click “Yes” to restart the computer so that the settings can take effect.
Ever since the church began on the Day of Pentecost, the followers of Christ have been planting churches all over the world. Author Larry Pate shows us the value of having the direction of the Holy Spirit in planning strategy for the founding of new churches. The Bible gives the principles and purposes that are the guidelines to planting the church in every culture and people group.